We found this incredible recipe on our Pinterest account and tried it the other day. Absolutely delicious!! It is originally from LunchBoxBunch.com. She goes into detail about the spicy bean nut spread, so if you want more pictures of the process and some tips and tricks, visit her website here!
Florida Avocado Summer Wrap
vegan, makes 2 wraps
2 extra large wraps (any variety)
1/2 Florida Avocado, peeled and sliced into thick strips
1 medium yellow tomato, sliced thick (red works too)
1 small sweet onion, sliced
4 Tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or more lime juice)
2 tsp maple syrup
6 Tbsp spicy bean or nut spread (see below)
1 cup shredded carrots
fresh ground black pepper
optional: pumpkin seeds
Spicy Bean/Nut Spread
*you can either use a spicy hummus from the store or make your own by blending beans and nuts with chipotle spices and salsa. Get creative, or go easy with store-bought.
1. Slice your avocado in half. Rub the extra half with lime juice, cover and stick in the fridge for later use. Or make 4 wraps and use the whole thing. Remove the pit and slice into long thick strips. Set aside in a bowl and coat in lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2.Slice your onion and tomato. Place in separate bowl and toss with the EVOO, maple syrup, splash of lime juice and apple cider vinegar (or more lime juice). Note, you can also use lemon juice if you’d prefer.
3. Grab your bean/nut spicy spread. See above recipe for options. I used a chipotle hummus dip mixed with a splash of lime juice to thin it out a bit.
4. Warm your tortillas in the oven until they are soft and pliable.
5. Spread a nice amount of your spread onto the wrap.
6. Add about 4 long slices of avocado, a few slices of tomato, onion, shredded carrots and a pinch of pepper. You can add an extra splash of the veggie marinade juices (maple/EVOO/lime) if you’d like. I actually whipped the extra marinade with a Tbsp of to make a wrap sauce on the side.
7. Carefully roll up your wrap and fold in a paper towel to make it easier to slice.
8. Serve! Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds on top if you’d like.