This lasagna is a hit every time we make it! Even those in our households who aren’t vegetarian absolutely love this recipe!
1 can vegetarian tomato sauce
8 oz uncooked lasagna noodles (9 noodles)
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups coarsley chopped fresh mushrooms
3 cups coarsley chopped broccoli, incuding stems
1 yellow summer squash, sliced
1 zuchinni, sliced
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1 tbsp minced fresh oregano
2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup (6 oz) shreadded mozzarella cheese (divided)
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1) Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Place noodles on a sheet of aluminum foil.
2) Heat olive oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and carrot; cook until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until moisture is evaporated. Reduce heat. Add broccoli; cover and simmer 3-5 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach and nutmeg.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ricotta cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, corn starch, and black pepper in small bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
4) Lightly spray 13″x9″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or cover with oil of choice. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on bottom of pan. Arrange 3 noodles in dish. Spread with 1/2 cheese mixture and 1/2 vegetable mixture. Pour 1/3 tomato sauce over vegetable layer. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Pour remaining 1/3 tomato sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; continue baking 10-15 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.
* Instead of getting each of the fresh herbs individually, we usually get the “Italian Blend” of dried herbs and just use that.
* If you know there is a vegetable that your family loves, add it! You can omit some veggies, and add as many as you like. Use what you have in the fridge, or in the garden – it’s a super easy recipe to tailor to your family! Just make sure you keep the spinach, cause it adds the liquid.
– Instead of frozen spinach, we use fresh. It’s absolutely up to what you prefer!