It’s Monday again, so treat your family to a special pasta dinner tonight for Meatless Monday! This recipe is from Bethenny Frankel, a New York Times Bestselling Author and Natural Food Chef.
Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta with Sauteed Peppers
- 2 cups of peppers: a combo of red, yellow and/or orange, sliced in thin strips
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces of whole wheat angel hair
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- large handful of baby spinach, optional
1) Bring pasta water to a boil, seasoned with salt.
2) In nonstick pan, over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3) When tender, add tomatoes. With tongs, remove pasta from water and add to pan. (The pasta water is good for thickening sauce.)
4) Add spinach and crushed red pepper.
5) Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
6) Top with parmesan to taste and sprinkle basil on top.